Part of what makes an Outdoor Living Oasis really great is the “outdoor” part. Extending your living space into open air kitchens and patios with hardscaping is one thing, but truly getting out and enjoying the environment is another. With both aesthetic and functional appeal, backyard landscaping is crucial to building an awesome outdoor living space. Let’s explore some of the benefits of backyard landscaping to build your paradise.
Aesthetic Value of Backyard Landscaping
When you think of landscaping, your first thought is probably something along the lines of, “ooh, pretty,” and you’re not wrong. Backyard landscaping can build serene getaways to escape the hustle and bustle of daily life, flower gardens for you gardeners out there to tend to, or really anything of your imagination — just look at this extravagant style guide we put together a few weeks ago. Think about a lush, rolling lawn for your kids and dogs to run around in. Think about perfectly placed and pruned trees or shrubs outlining your yard. Think about stone walkways lined with flowers and intelligently designed tiered hillscaping with some of those hardscaped retaining walls we talked about last week. The possibilities for landscape design are nearly endless. It just takes your style input and some professional landscape architects. We definitely have the second part covered. (Oh, by the way, we’ll also keep coming back for landscape maintenance, so the aesthetic never fades. Pretty good deal, eh?)
Functional Value of Backyard Landscaping
On the other hand, you also probably don’t think about the functional value of backyard landscaping as much. You’d be surprised how much good you’re doing to your property and your environment with backyard landscaping. For a few examples:
- Lining your property with evergreens and shrubbery can act as a natural fence, creating a barrier for wind, sound, and privacy.
- Certain species of plant and layouts of landscape design can prevent erosion and/or water runoff.
- Eventually, taller deciduous trees will provide your home and yard with shade to relax in. Depending where it falls, that shade can also end up reducing energy costs to cool your home in the summer.
- Choosing local flora and fauna will benefit your environment and the ecosystem as a whole, as they won’t require special fertilizers or attract bugs or diseases that may be harmful to the local plant-folk. That’s why it’s important to choose local landscape architects (like…oh…we don’t know…the ones on our staff), who understand which
- types of trees and plants that can be installed around the pool to do the trick without causing any problems.
- Aesthetic value is value after all. The beautiful landscape will be nice to look at for years to come, and can significantly increase resale value if you can ever bring yourself to move on from your backyard oasis.
If you’re not yet convinced: When doing our research for this article, we came across an extensive and thoroughly detailed list of benefits of plants and landscaping, chock full of facts and figures. Check it out here if you feel so inclined.
Building an Outdoor Living Oasis with Rhine Pools
At Rhine Pools, we take pride in setting ourselves apart from your typical pool contractor. After seeing the way other pool contractors led their customers through the runaround, Jay Rhine wanted to give the people what they really wanted. Someone who will be with you, start to finish, and leave you with something better than you could have ever imagined. A new pool in Maryland that makes use of landscape architecture brings a lot more value, not just to your pool, but to your outdoor living and your home as a whole. Are you interested in learning more or getting started with your backyard oasis project? Contact us today to talk with us about what you want to do with your pool installation or remodel. Give us a call at 410.442.2445. Don’t forget to keep with us on Facebook,Google+, and Twitter too!